1. We have 3 types of readers.
- People in school looking to start building or construction as a career with an apprenticeship.
- People starting or are already into DIY as a hobby.
- Qualified tradies and even professional tradies.
2. What we know about you and your workmates
Bangingtoolbox uses Clicky Analytics to track and average out our reader’s engagement it means we know how to improve our website. Here is what it tells us about our readers right now.
- Even though 92.47% of internet searches are made on google over 76.67% of our readers use other search engines like Duckduckgo. or Ecosia.
- 3:50 minutes is the average amount of time people spend reading each page over a 90-day period.
- Only 15% of people don’t take any action on our website “If you know what I mean”. (Action means multiple page reading sessions or following our external links 🙂
- 7.4% Of our readers only want to know what a light and strong piece of wood is via google, and 99% of these people don’t take any action here.
- Chicago is the city that reads Bangingtoolbox the most, followed by Houston, Los Angeles, and New york.
3. A bit on your privacy here.
Bangingtoolbox does not currently use Google Analytics, Google tag manager, Google data studio, Yandex, or Facebook for tracking you (It’s why you cannot comment via your Facebook profile). However, Google maps most likely tracks you when you are on our about page or contact page. (Clicky analytics is the only tracker we use).
We locally host and block google fonts so it doesn’t connect to the google fonts API to display text on every page load (For website speed). However, if you use the Chrome browser owned by Google it knows you love us more than any other DIY or building website still.
Youtube videos embedded on this website are locally hosted thumbnail images and will only load Youtube and its following trackers (Google) when clicked on. (For website speed).
WordPress may track you via your Gravatar image if you leave us a comment if you are currently logged into gravatar.
This content was delivered to you by Cloudflare CDN, and leaves cookies in your browser, the cookies save this website’s data like text and images to your local computer (Until cleared) so that the website loads quicker on your second visit 🙂 Sometimes it preloads pages you haven’t yet visited via your mouse hover to make a quicker page load when you visit the next page.
We don’t ask our readers for cookie consent by default because that thing annoys everyone even us included, and there is also virtually no website or web browser that does not save cookies to the computer viewing a website. We simply instruct your web browser that it’s okay to save pages for a specified time frame usually 90 days.
3rd party’s can track you when you leave us 🙁
We do not spam you with ads or sell your information because our qualified, engaging, informative, accurate content supports us. Thank you.
Lastly, don’t let your significant-other monitor how much you spend on power tools.
4. Why can tracking be annoying?
Sometimes it’s fine but sometimes you end up getting targeted by annoying ads you are not interested in like tools you have already purchased! Or crappy competitor brands bidding on your engagement. It can become super spammy.
Tracking is often used to enhance your engagement on other platforms by identifying your insecurities, weakness, and fears. And oftentimes keep your engagement by confusing you even more or are used to drive a certain action.
Avoiding trackers can lead to a cleaner web experience that’s why we like the alternatives that show the same search results to everyone regardless of your predicted behavior, history, desired action, or location.
We are no expert on privacy this is just our opinion.